Is Sunny beach a safe place to go?
Sunny Beach is a lot safer than many other popular European holiday resorts. There is a big increase in police patrols every year which make things even safer. Many regulars find it safer here than in UK on a saturday night.
- Watch out for pickpockets on the crowded buses to / from Old Nessebar! Beware of gipsy ladies next or behind to you. They usually operate in group.
- Never exchange money with anyone on the streets! Use Crowns kiosks, banks or hotels. Probably you will see higher rates at other booths but can be easy rip off.
- Do not use Euronet`s ATM if you see any on main or beach strip.
- Never get in a yellow taxi without agreeing the price. Make sure price is in bg leva and not per person.
- Never take valuables to the beach. Valuables should be locked in a hotel safe. So hire a room safe always advisable.
- McDonalds is very over priced by Bulgarian standards. Certain franchise fast-food joints ain`t as cheap as they are in UK.
Definitely Sunny beach is a great resort for everyone who are looking for a lovely, fun and safe time!